Friday, December 11, 2009

Care parents ,love as possible, time is running

Let there be as much love as possible, time is running

A long time ago, there was a big apple tree. A little boy loved to play with it every day. He climbed on the tree top, ate the apples, took a nap under the tree shadow … They both loved to play with each other. Time flies … the little boy had grown up and he no longer played around the tree every day.

One day, the boy came back to the tree and he looked sad. “Come and play with me!” the tree asked the boy. “I am no longer a kid, I don’t play with trees anymore.” The boy replied, “I want some toys. I need money to buy them.” “Sorry, but I don t have money … but you can pick all my apples and sell them. So, you will have money to buy toys.” The boy was so excited. He grabbed all the apples on the tree and left happily. The boy never came back after he picked the apples. The tree was sad and waited for him coming back.

One day, the boy returned and the tree was very excited. “Come and play with me! “The tree said. “I don’t have time to play. I have to build my family. We need a house for shelter. Can you help me?” “Sorry, but I don’t have a house. But you can cut my branches to build your house.” So the boy cut all the branches of the tree and left happily. The tree was glad to see him happy but the boy never came back since then. The tree was again lonely and sad but it was still waiting for the boy coming back.

One hot summer day, the boy returned and the tree was delighted. “Come and play with me!” the tree said. “I am sad and not in the mood, I want to go sailing to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?” “Use my trunk to build your boat. You can sail far away and be happy.” So the boy cut the tree trunk to make a boat. He went sailing and never showed up for a long time.

One day, the boy returned after he left for so many years. “Sorry! my boy. But I don’t have anything for you anymore. No more apples for you …”The tree said. “I don t have teeth to bite,” the boy replied. “No more trunk for you to climb on.” “I am too old for that now,” the boy said. “I really can’t give you anything … the only thing I have is my dying roots,” the tree said with tears. “I don t need much now, just a place to rest. I am tired after all these years, I just want to settle down,” the boy replied. “Good! The old tree roots would be the best place to lean on and rest. Come sit down with me and rest.” The boy sat down and the tree was glad and smiled with tears …

This story can be correlated with our lives. The tree is like our parents. When we were young, we loved to play with Mom and Dad …When we grew up, we may choose to ignore them and only come to them when we need something or when we are in trouble. No matter what, parents will always be there and give everything they can to make us happy. We may think the boy is cruel to the tree but that’s how some/most/all of us treat our parents.
Indifference towards parents may most of the times be unintentional, most of the times we are so much engaged in our daily routine that we fail to devote time to our most important relation. Let us ensure to break the ice, let us ensure to speak to them atleast for 15 minutes in 24 hours (that’s not much). let there be as much love to them as possible, time is running…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bahut acha laga ese padhker aapne ye kahani prastut ker ...hame sochne ki nayi rah di hai wah aise vishay ke liye esi tarah se sochne ke liye prarit kiya ja sakta hai ...